Wednesday, November 14, 2012

"Sisterhood of the Travelling Blog" 

Week Three



First of all, welcome all to week three of our blog tour, "Sisterhood of the Travelling Blog". It has been an amazing experience being able to read everyone's thoughts since this journey has all began. I have enjoyed interacting with everyone. So without further adieu, please welcome Torie N. James.



Torie N. James

What is your favorite paranormal series?

Hands down, I’d have to say my favorite paranormal series would be Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark Hunters. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got a yen for The Dream Hunters, and those Were Hunters are beyond smexy, but it’s the Dark Hunters themselves I’m always jonesing for. Each book has at least two characters I can identify with in terms of personality or attitude and its fun visiting “old” characters with each new book that’s released.


Mad. Bad. Immortal. And if that’s not enough, throw in seductive, sarcastic and each imbued with that “something” that makes them each memorable and I’m sold. I’ve always been a huge fan of mythology, and to see it woven with Ms. Kenyon’s own unique flavor was the beginning of an addiction I happily own and have no wish to be cured from. The thing that always captures me most is just when you think you’ve got one mystery solved (because let’s face it, her book are littered with clues, if you just bother to look), it takes an unseen twist or ends up leading to an even bigger enigma. And I tend to love how you can begin a series hating certain characters but through careful timing, flawless and genuine respect of her characters and the subtle art of character point of view, you can be brought around to an awed type of adulation. I hated Stryker right from the gate but by the time his own book was revealed and I’d torn through it, I was ready to plead my allegiance to the Daimon Army simply based on the hidden facets that were suddenly revealed. Don’t get me wrong, he’s still a bastard. But a bastard with a very good reason to be so and one who is loyal to his people to a fault.


It’s hard to say which book in the series is my absolute favorite. I want to say “Acheron” simply because I’m a huge fan of Big Blue. But then again, the latest book “Time Untime” had me turning pages quicker than the speed of light, and no it had nothing to do with the feminine protagonist being named Teri (which is my “real” name) and I just liked seeing my name peppered throughout it. Okay, maybe it had a lot to do with that.


You can find my blog on Ashley's website

Visit the websites below to read our other participants blog entries for week 3:





No comments:

Post a Comment